Thursday, June 7, 2018

Know when to hold em and know when to fold em

One of the most difficult decisions to make in life is to know, after an extended period of time, which has become habit and comfortable, when to walk away. This concept of when to drive through the difficult moments and stay in a situation, even though it's difficult, and when to walk away because it's not healthy, or a disagreement due to ethics, principle, or a separate reason applies to any difficult decision that puts me at a fork in the road of life. The obvious easy way is to stay  and the harder way is to leave. It's taken me more than half my life to learn, that my heart typically has the answer. What I've found is that after making that hard decision, what I initially feel is fear, loss, and sadness. Very quickly though, after those feelings pass, I feel lightness, happiness, and a sense of relief and renewal. For me, this means growth, and I find that once a situation is pulling on me to stay because leaving is scary with uncertainty of what lies ahead behind that closed door,, it's time to open it up and walk through. Usually, its bright on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment